15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

The Fog of War Reflection Post

To contact us Click HERE
This is the third class I have had in which we have watched Fog of War.  I personally find the movie very interesting.  Robert McNamara was one of the highest ranked officials in the Kennedey and Johnson administration that is still alive.  The first question I had was how did Robert McNamara become Secretary of Defense?  In the move it claimed that he was working for GM and then got asked to be Secretary of Defense.  Now I am not saying he did a bad job, because in the movie it seemed he was always true to the American people.  I just did not understand how a GM worker correlates with America's Defense policy.
I think he was true to the American people when he resigned from his position in 1968.  The movie claimed that he started to disagree with Johnson Administration's handling of the Vietnam War.  Even though his resignation was controversial, it seemed that he was more in tune with what the people wanted instead of what the President wanted.  
I have been trying to figure out the reason why three of my classes have now shown this movie.  I come back to this ideal, that it gives a factual portrayal of the Vietnam War that seems less bias than other movies on Vietnam.  Robert McNamara it seemed told the story how it was and was not trying to persuade the viewers that Vietnam was the right thing, because at the end of his term he too did not agree with the actions of the Johnson Administration.  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder