2 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

Reflection

To contact us Click HERE
I really enjoyed taking this class this semester.  This is the first time that I have taken a humanities course at the University of Michigan, so I was a little bit out of my comfort zone, as most of the classes I have taken have been math or science.  Because I do not have a strong background in history, much of the content of our readings was somewhat new to me.  I really enjoyed learning about history strictly from an American culture perspective.  I consider myself very American and very patriotic, so it is great to now know much more about how exactly our rich history was constructed.  I also liked that this course allowed for debate and discussion of the ethics of America's historical decisions and that the reading for the course was not straight out of a textbook, but that it was from a variety of texts, sources, and viewpoints.
I now feel much more confident in my knowledge and more capable of engaging in academic discussions about American culture.  America truly is a "melting pot" of various ethnicities and I thoroughly enjoyed learning how our narrative has not just been constructed by the agenda of early white settlers, but that groups such as Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Japanese Americans, have made (and are still making) America the great nation that it is today.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder