5 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

Memorials and Monuments...

To contact us Click HERE
In class we had looked over many pictures of the great monuments that are on display in our nations capital. This subject and presentation of material was something that heightened me inside over the past few weeks in the class. The significance of War Memorials in this country I believe to be very important to myself and the rest of the people in our nation. The names on on the Vietnam Memorial symbolize men that have lost their lives to serve our nation. Granted, we went to Vietnam for many wrong reasons and many men died on the battle field due to the ignorance of our men in office making very moronic discussions I believe. However, it is important to never forget those who have given their lives for us.
Yes, some of these memorials were built to not so much "remember" the fallen but instill some form of patriotism for those viewing them, I feel they serve. Having great uncles and great grandfathers that had fought in both World War's as well as Korean and Vietnam, I find it great to have them remembered for what the fought for and died. I have never fought in a war and the present wars that are country has partaken in are questionable to say the least, but I honestly can think the memorials are an honorable way to recognize our fallen in battle.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder